- Ability to analyze data ranging from a few rows to hundreds of millions of rows with extreme analytical performance on your desktop using Excel data models powered by xVelocity in-memory analytics engine
- Opportunity to speed up analysis in Excel by easily cleaning up and shaping your data with Flash Fill; by previewing, applying conditional formatting, creating tables, charts and PivotTables using Quick Analysis; by easily navigating multidimensional and tabular data models and creating trend charts to analyze information over time using Quick Explore.
Quick Explore enables a user to look at the product categories summarized by Sales Quantity with 1 click:
Quick Analysis suggests a Pivot Table type with a preview of actual data:
- Empower users of all levels to access, mash-up and analyze data from virtually any source and rapidly create compelling analytical applications with PowerPivot.
PowerPivot Diagram View shows the data relationship:
- Provide stunning data visualization to discover new insights at the speed of thought with a highly interactive and familiar data exploration, visualization, and presentation experience for users of all levels with Power View.
Interactive visualization with Power View in Excel 2013:
New capabilities delivered for IT:
At the same time, we are strengthening our IT management and oversight capability by
- Enabling discovery and assessment of user-created spreadsheets with SharePoint 2013
- Enabling comparing spreadsheets, tracking lineage, conducting interactive diagnostics and creating spreadsheet analysis reports with Inquire in Excel
SharePoint 2013 discovery and assessment criteria setup:
Inquire in Excel showing spreadsheet lineage and workbook analysis: